After a long wait, finally the Land-rover Defender instructions are now available!!!
If you want to learn more about thie creation, please click here
Finally the Defender has 3442(+3 extra) parts including controller(!!)
The instructions are made in PDF format, and they have 448 pages(96 MB).
To view and check the complete part list go to rebricable.com
The instructions cost is only 20€
Please, before purchase the instructions read this!
- If you buy the instructions, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
* RESALE IT
* SHARE WITH ANYBODY
* MAKE ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH ITS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, Like sell the car built, or rent the car to other people.
- The price is in euros(€). But if your currecy is different don't worry: paypal do the exchange directly to euros from your local currency($, £, ¥...) for you. Also under special request I can accept a different way to pay the instructions.
- If you don't receive your instructions after 48 hours of the payment, please check your spam folder, and if the email is not there please send me an email to: info @ sheepo.es. I always send the instrutions quickly(usually within 24 hours), but sometimes the email never arrives to the destiny.(internet errors, spam filters, etc)
- The instructions will be send(actually a link to download it) to the payment email adress. If you want, I'll send you the instructions to a different email adress, please leave a comment in the paypal payment.
- For MAC users: mac can't open zip files with password, to open the instructions you will need an extra software (you will can find a lot of free software in internet to do it).
- Build this car is very hard, if you have never built a Lego Technic set, I recommend you to do it first. Doing that is not necessary but it will help you later when you built the Land-Rover
- I forgot add and advice in the page 172 about how to put correctly the parts. here you can see how to put it: the Axle Connector Smooth has two rounded sides and two flat sides. It is very important that the internal pins of the Driving Ring (6539) coincide with the flat faces of the axle connector
- I forgot too add a clutch's support in the instructions(the necessary parts are in the part list, this doesn't change)
To build it follow this pictures just after the page 154
- The instructions has been tested by a Lego Technic expert builders, if you can't built the car and you think the instructions are wrong, check your built twice before ask me.
- If you have problems with the gearbox try this. You can try two different solutions for this problem:
1 - Check the change levers(which connect the slider to the red ring) searching parts with too friction. Carefully move the levers sideways to get some extra space and also reduce friction. If this solution doesn't work try the second one.
2 - Add a third rubber band in the slider (page 228) to get some extra force in the change levers
Also you must think that the pieces are not perfect, so the gearbox are not 100% reliable, it should make good around the 90% of the speed changes
- There is a little mistake in the instructions in the IR receivers order, this is the correct order:
Behind the driver(in the right of the car) receiver in channel #2 with its wires. Range gearbox and 2dw/4wd selector.
In the center, receiver #1, Drive and brakes (it is well placed in the instructions)
In the left receiver #3, Main gearbox and steering
Finally to buy the instructions go to INSTRUCTIONS PAGE
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best site to buy the parts? -> www.bricklink.com
- What happens if I lose my instructions copy(hard drive failure or virus)? -> I have a data base with all costumers of my instructions, if you lose it you can email me and will send it to you again free.
- There is any Lego Technic set which I can buy to reduce the parts cost? -> No, but you can buy the Technic set 8110 (Unimog). With it you can't reduce the parts cost(of course you still need many spare parts), but after building the car, you stay a few hundred parts for you.